If you’re not making $100K+, it may not be your fault.
Life insurance is (potentially) one of the most profitable careers in the world. That may be one of the reasons you got your license in the first place. But yet the average independent agent makes a measly $37K a year. Why?
Is it your work ethic? Maybe it’s the learning curve? COVID?
When I got my license, I had never sold insurance before or even been in sales. I had never supported my family on commission only. Statistically I should have made less than the national average. Yet in just 6 months I was able to quit my job, nearly quadruple my job income in my first full-time month and make over $170K in my first full-time year. How? I’m nothing special. I was blessed to join the right IMO.
Here’s the one critical thing I’ve learned about being a life insurance agent:
>>> Not all IMO’s are created equal. <<<
Here’s the key: insurance recruiters love dangling the commission carrot. That’s all they talk about (have you noticed)? Sometimes that’s all they have to offer. Is commission important? Of course. But guess what else is important?
- Outstanding leadership with decades of experience
- Abundant lead flow in counties across the US
- Access to the highest quality leads in the industry
- An extensive, individualized backoffice and underwriting toolkit
- Exclusive carrier products not offered to any other IMO
- A variety of performance bonuses to celebrate your growth
- One- and two-month promotion timelines
- A system and staff to help you sell retirement solutions products
- A full-scale virtual sales platform with daily access to the top national leaders
- An equity bonus (which overrides the entire company).
Oh yes…and commission rates up to 140% (while still allowing your ability to build distribution).
You see, when you have the tools, the training, the team, the leadership, the products and ALL the incentives backing you up, it’s hard NOT to win because the only thing holding you back is your work ethic. Equis Financial has created a level playing field. Brand new agents are winning as big as 10-year veterans.
Right now, we have more leads than we can handle and we’re growing our team to help meet that demand. If you’re a licensed agent and haven’t quite experienced the level of success you signed up for, it might be worth a chat to see if this is your next move.